Name:
Location: George Town, Penang, Malaysia

My family, my World. I live on photographs and memories. A hopeless romantic but a cynic in more ways than one.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Scent

He has this very distinct scent. Not cologne.. Might be the detergent he uses for his laundry. Hah.. I love that scent. Smells so familiar yet so distant and new.

Found this buried in a blog I uesd to keep..

SV was wearing a certain designer men's cologne which brought back fond memories of a certain suburban street in Santa Clara.. I told him I liked the scent he was wearing very much and he knew immediately what I was talking about and warned me about the dangers of living in the past.. (coz' I've mentioned it before awhile back.HAha..) Yes.. I always like taking frequent trips back to my younger glory days and it doesn't do me any good most of the time. But this time it was different. It's amazing how a certain scent can sing you familiar songs, bring you back to a certain apple tree or lie you down on comfy cotton sheets with the pleasant unfamiliar morning sun on your face. Yup.. all that..This time it's different because I have never looked at this in the way I'm looking at it now.. And it set off an odd feeling in my little time capsule. Then it suddenly dawned upon me .. I realized that some memories are meant to be kept safe and untainted. And sometimes you just have to throw away all the unhappy stuff because theres just not enough space for them. Yup.. some things are meant to be kept close to the heart.. unchanged and left the way it is...Even if it's only a memory and you know that it'll never happen again.. even if you have a choice to relive it. I talk about reliving the past at times but this time..this memory of the perfect Californian sun.. with a certain KL boy should be left the way it is.. For it was just perfect. For the first time I'm able to only look at the beautiful things in a past relationship and not bury myself in the unpleasant and clogging my mind with the things I should have done. I thank you for all the times we've shared and all the things you've done for me. The only regret I have is that I didn't give you as much as I could have. I only wish I could have given you more. Wherever you are now I hope you're extremely happy. I'm so sorry for all the bad times we've had. But I'm also so very thankful for all the exceptionally good days we've shared. You're such a good person, good friend. I know we have separate lives now and I'm very happy where I am now. I hope you're happy too..


Funny how just a simple scent can trigger such nostalgia .. ??