Name:
Location: George Town, Penang, Malaysia

My family, my World. I live on photographs and memories. A hopeless romantic but a cynic in more ways than one.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Memories

Memories are meant to be kept safe and close.. Close enough for us to reach out to when we feel we have nowhere else to go. But sometimes there’s just too much to keep. And it seems like there’s never enough space. So we have to decide what to throw out. Housekeeping, I call it. Some of us are never good at this. All the good I keep of course. But I never like throwing out the bad either. They are there to remind me of life’s many lessons. So… I keep everything. I’ll manage.
Here’s to memories both good and bad. To a year of many lessons learnt and battles won. A trying year, but one with wonderful surprises after every bend. Things always happen for a reason. And in my case, things always happen for a good reason. I am thankful. For the person who showed me that there is more to love than comfort. For the girl who has been a blessing to our home. For my brother who will always show me the way and for my parents who will always hold my hand. For my Guardian Angel who reminds me that life can always be easy. For friends who are Gold to the core. For all the genuine people who are not afraid to take me as I am. For this little Being at my feet who is, now and for always, the light of this family. Last and definitely not least of all, I am thankful for a certain kindred spirit who has shown me that there’s more to dreams than wishful thinking.
I am grateful.